Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Poems

Poems
By: Daniel Davis
Period D
May [17] 11
Comments by Pamela Flint, August, 2012.

This is a collection of poems Daniel made for an assignment in 7th Grade. He was not fond of poetry and did not want and did not enjoy doing this assignment. He did ask some questions while he was working on it but usually insisted that the work needed to be done at school so for the most part, it was. I do know that most of the poems he did not write, he found online; most of those he copied and pasted. I looked up each of the poems he used mainly to make sure he’d gotten the spelling and punctuation right according to the poet (we all know how they are!). Any differences, I’ve noted after each poem. It is interesting to me the poems he used.

Originally, I was going to post Daniel's poems in their entirety. However, that has turned into a project that is too unwieldy for me at the moment so I've decided to post it in parts. The first one will be the Title Page, Contents, and Literary Terms. Pretty exciting, I know, but manageable. Each post following will contain one or two poems; also manageable.




Table of Contents

1. Literary Terms
2. Literary Terms
3. Dewdrops dancing Down Daisies
4. Shall I Compare Thee To A Summers’ Day
5. Eye Rhyme
6. A Question
7. KABOOM!
8. Simile
9. Death sets a thing
10. dying is fine) but Death
11. The City Dead-House
12. One Inch Tall
13. Death
14. Murder Me
15. Terrorism
16. Warning
17. murderer
18. Murder Or Be Murdered
19. Leave me be
20. The Fly
21. A Poison Tree
22. A Coffin-is a small Domain
23. It can’t be
24. The Tiger
25. I Do Not Know
26. My Other Poem



Literary Terms 

1. RhymeA Question / Robert Frost

A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.

2. Stanza—A Question / Robert Frost

A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.

3. SimileSimile / Lexi Balla

What could possibly
Have been said
To make us like two fighting
Dogs.

4. MetaphorShall I Compare Thee To A Summer’s Day / William Shakespeare

Shall I compare the to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all to short a date.

5. OnomatopoeiaKABOOM! / Denise Rogers

Kaboom!
Ka-blast
Way in the past
The miners mined for ore.
They searched for copper, iron, and salt,
For that and much, much more.

6. AlliterationDewdrops dancing Down Daisies / Paul McCann

Don’t delay dawns disarming display.
Dusk demands daylight. 

7. PersonificationKABOOM! / Denise Rogers

It was a sight, the dynamite
That made the mountains fly. 

8. Eye rhymeEYE RHYME / Vincent van Mechelen

A waste of words is an abomination,
Publish or Perish is not your situation 

9. DialectShall I Compare Thee To A Summer’s Day / William Shakespeare

Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st;
Nor shall death brag thou wad’rest in his shade

No comments: