Friday, October 2, 2015

Day Twelve

I liked the sound of Day Eleven. Day Twelve just makes it sound like it's lasting for ever. And ever.

Yesterday was full of fun surprises. I told you about Joanna's text in the morning. That guaranteed an interesting day. That kind of interesting I can deal with a lot better than some surprises. Surprises like the dog going outside, then coming inside, then peeing on the floor. And if that wasn't bad enough, she then tracks it over to where I am working at the table so now not only do I have to clean a huge pee mess up, I have to mop. Not only do I have to mop, I have to wait for the floor where I was working to dry. Am I happy with this dog? No.

Even with the additional three inches it fits widthwise on the table. Gotta love people who aren't very tall.

Cutting out strips for the band for the skirt. This is actually leftover fabric from Laura's dress. I'd gotten one set cut out of Joanna's fabric and thought, "Great! Don't need any of Laura's fabric!" Then I remembered that I needed two sets. Darn! Had to use some of Laura's because there just wasn't enough of Joanna's without piecing and that would take longer. Longer than I want to take.

The floor was dry so I continued working. I did not get as much done as I'd wanted but considering the things I accomplished that weren't part of the plan, I think things worked out pretty well.
Because I only use a chair as a trash receptacle while cutting out, this is the last picture of a chair with garbage. There is a certain beauty to a pile of stuff that I actually get to throw away. It takes up less space in the house and is just lovely.

The little garbage. It was added to yesterday. I finally got to the point of trimming the seams in the organza (both layers) last night.

Then I went to go to bed. I usually brush my teeth before I go to bed (sometimes I do it earlier) and that requires walking to the downstairs bathroom. What should I find? Another pee puddle. Since I had to mop up the last one, I mopped a large portion of the entire library area including where this new puddle was. I did not take the time to mop it as thoroughly as I will before I need to use the iron and ironing board, but I did have to take the time to do at least a cursory cleaning. Darn stinking dog. Would anyone like to now ask why I never want another dog in the house?

The pile of stuff on the ironing board. Katie is supposed to come try on her dress today. That means I'll be able to finish it up. It only needs a hem and maybe hook and eye at the top of the zipper. Amena's needs a hem and hook and eye and sleeve binding. Laura's needs sleeve binding and a hem. And the hem, you  may recall, is waiting until she is here and tries the dress on. And then there are the belts. 

The good news is that I was able to sleep in my own bed last night. I only woke up once. I did have to turn the fan nearest my side of the bed off, but that's a minor thing. The other good news is that I was having a bowl of Life for breakfast and I couldn't finish the whole thing.

Have a fantastic day!

No comments: