Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 15

I am really, really hoping today, which will be Day 16, is the last day for this. I would like to have one more day of sewing but I would like that to be for me so I can have something new for Joanna's wedding. I didn't get anything new for Laura's. Is that bad logic, do you think?
The lining all ready to go. The only problem is that I didn't realize I'd caught about four inches of the lining in one of the seams for the boning. I did catch it before I had the lining sewn completely in so it's all good now. I'd have been really annoyed if I hadn't caught it when I did. It is rather dark because the flash made everything look white and you really couldn't see what on earth it was. The bright you see is from the sun.

Yesterday saw the skirt layers attached to the bodice, the bodice lined, and the serger readied for finishing red dresses. That doesn't sound like a lot but when you consider there were three separate layers of skirt to attach, it is a bit more work than if you have three layers you are working with as one. And with a privacy panel or whatever they call the flap that goes under the lacing up the back, the lining is not just cut and dry. Which isn't to say I'm making excuses for myself.
Working on sewing in the lining.

Inside at the bottom of the back opening.

Outside, back opening. Looks good now, will look better later with some loops, ribbon, and lace.


Yesterday I also had a Pack 12 Leader's Meeting to attend and lead discussion for. I needed to do that and it was only a little more than an hour so I wouldn't likely have finished the loops on the dress anyway. Laura's loops took an entire Hobbit movie as I recall.
I couldn't get the dress to stay on the dressmaker's dummy for an end-of-day picture so this is what I did instead. The dress is hanging on the back of my chair and I thought the bottom looked pretty cool.

This morning I'll get going on finishing the machine sewing parts of the red dresses before we leave to go pick up my mom. With any kind of luck, that part will be done by the time we do leave with the exception of Laura's. I still would like her to try it on before I finish it. Since she'll be here tonight, there is a chance I will actually get it done today like I'm hoping to.

No comments: