Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Day Six

Finally made it to Day Six and about time. In spite of feeling like proverbial crap, much was accomplished. 
This is Amena's dress. It only needs three things. Can you guess what they are?
I had Amena try the dress on before I set the sleeves and, wouldn't you know it, it needed some adjusting. I wasn't going to do it last night because I was so tired and feeling a bit loopy but I went ahead and it turned out alright. The sleeves were amazing. The first one was almost perfect--I only had to snip a couple of stitches because I'd started sewing with the dress on top and decided it would work better with the sleeve on top. Where the stitches joined there was a little bubble. There was another minor catch that required the snipping of two stitches and sewing a couple dozen. I was almost afraid to do the second sleeve but it turned out even better--I didn't have to do anything to it other than admire it.

I don't know why I like pictures like this. They're just cool. What will it look like at the end of Day Seven? Only time will tell. Like about thirteen or fourteen hours.

By the way, huge thanks to Margaret Armstrong for the loan of the dressmakers dummy.

No comments: