Tuesday, April 28, 2015

More Sewing

Mounds of satin. It's never-ending. 

This is what I was watching for the first two and a half hours. I really like the imagery here with the tail of the dragon moving through the gold: the usurper king and the displaced king come to reclaim his own. In the movies, this was a huge turning point for Thorin.


Almost out of thread. One of these days, I'm going to actually have to buy more. Not this day, though, I've got a few partially used spools of white thread.

This seemed to be never-ending--cutting the seam allowances of the skirt.

I like this shot, too. Awesome movie(s) in spite of the many, sometimes drastic, changes from the book.


Round and round we go.

It is hard to behold the perfectness of the joining of the sleeve to the bodice here but after many, many attempts, it was finally achieved.

Ending of one day; beginning of the next. Kind of hoping I don't make it through another Hobbit movie--oh, wait, there isn't another one to go through--plus the complete soundtrack of Les Mes again.




No comments: