Monday, April 27, 2015

A Day of Cutting (even though it looks like pinning)

The first piece pinned on. There aren't any pictures of the fun I had making patterns for the gussets or changing the top of the skirt pattern pieces. Or changing the bottom of the skirts pattern pieces. I can assure you it was fun.
The last three pieces pinned on the first piece of fabric. I think I mentioned in January what fun Laura had finding fabric. She bought what she could and was able to order the rest. From this piece, I was able to cut all the bodice pieces and all but three pieces of the skirt. She ended up with about eight yards left over and she already has plans for them which I think is pretty cool.  


This is what I was 'watching' while I was pinning and cutting. I listened to the soundtrack for Les Miserables while making and changing and cutting out pattern pieces. I tried listening to music from Middle Earth while cutting but it just didn't cut it, so I started 'watching' instead. It worked out well. 

When I was all done, I noticed these icky spots. They look like someone was eating chips and go all the way through. I ended up cutting a new piece because I didn't want to deal with spots. Yuck!

It's easier to see the gusset pieces on the organza. 
And that is that. I didn't take any pictures of sewing, either. Maybe today. Maybe not. It's been an interesting journey so far.

No comments: