Sunday, January 6, 2013

Making Mint Lip Balm

I've been thinking about  making lip balm for quite some time because we've been out and it's been difficult finding any to use. So difficult that Laura and Joanna gave up and actually bought some. Yikes! So, being in a soapmaking mood, I thought I'd make some. Once I had almost everything assembled and was searching for the tubes, I remembered. . . I needed to get more! OH MY GOODNESS!!! So, being the resourceful person I am, I got out the next best thing--lotion stick tubes. They work just fine. However, rather than having in the neighborhood of 45 0.15 oz tubes, I have six less-than-2-ounce-but-more-than-one-ounce tubes. Whatever works, I guess.
Just poured.

Just beginning to get solid at the bottom.

Mostly solid.

Completely solid.
Pretty cool, eh?
I just love this stuff!

No comments: