Friday, January 25, 2013

I Have a Dream

When I was growing up, I thought it was really cool that I was born on Martin Luther King, Jr.'s, birthday. I still think it is cool.

Cedric brought home yesterday a paper he did at school with a simply drawing of Martin Luther King, Jr., and the title, "I Have a Dream."

For school, Cedric said, "My dream for school is that people in our school who are bullies will be better people."

For family, he wrote, "My dream for my family is to have my mom to be a midwife because she wants to be a midwife and for us to be better people [italics added]."

For himself, "I hope to be in the military because I want to keep America a free country and I want to experience being a policeman if I can't join the military."

Having dreams is so important. I have great swellings of pride in my children when I read things like this that they have written because I know there is hope for the future as long as there are children who have such unselfish dreams.

No comments: