Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Traditions

I wanted to tell you a bit about traditions. Two years ago, Daniel thought it would be nice to start a new one. In order to make my life easier, he would make Christmas breakfast. The thing he would make would be apple crepes. He'd watched me making them and had helped make them and wanted to do a trial run before Christmas. This happened on December 10, 2010. I am not sure if I have pictures of him making the actual Christmas crepes but I do of the trial run.

Check back over the next few days because I have to figure out how to get the pictures here. It might necessitate waiting for copies to come in the mail. Come they will, however, and once they do, they will be here.

They have arrived! Here they are:

Joseph doing the best part: eating!

Cedric was in charge of the filling. Daniel was making the outside. While he thought I should take pictures, this isn't one of the ones he endorsed.

Joseph liked having his picture taken. It's amazing the difference two years makes (in his looks, not the fact that he liked his picture to be taken).

In Daniel's opinion, this one was okay.

Seth examining something on the table. Maybe some food? Joseph being himself.

I love this picture of Seth.

This was one that Daniel thought we should get. He said something like: "You should get a picture of this, Mom."

Amena powdered sugaring the finished product.

Daniel examining the underside to be sure it was ready.
It was a short-lived tradition, lasting only one year, but it was good while it lasted. I hope everyone is able to build good traditions because they are some of the best memory makers.

No comments: