Thursday, January 28, 2016

Idaho, Part 2

After spending about six weeks bouncing around between the houses of two families we knew, a solution presented itself. Alisha found an apartment in Sandpoint, Becky would be moving with us but was engaged now so as soon as she was married she would be out of our hair, so to speak. I'd been attempting to talk my mom into getting another job because she was so unhappy where she was. After lots of talking and praying, she decided that she would move to Idaho and live with us.

At one point in time while we were living in Bonners Ferry and I dared to complain about the size of the house (there were eleven of us living in a three bedroom house with one bathroom), Dan told me that I needed to get used to the idea that if we moved, it would be into a smaller house. You can perhaps imagine what a relief it was to move into a house that was larger than any save perhaps the house on Miner's Creek we'd ever lived in.





We were moving south, but still in Boundary County. Naples was our destination, about twelve miles south of Bonners Ferry. This image gives you an idea of the green, the farm land and/or fields, Naples and the area to the northwest where we actually lived. We were four miles from the school.






Closer.



And closer. The house was on five acres. I'm sure we could have had chickens if we'd asked and maybe goats. They were willing to let us have a horse. The house was also four bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. I'm sure we could also have had a garden but at the time I was feeling pretty overwhelmed with life in general and didn't push anything that wasn't necessary.



We knew that was going to be a short-lived housing solution. Another presented itself just in time and the best thing was that it was only two miles from the first and shared the same bus stop. See the lovely trees?
This house was also on five acres but had the added bonus of abutting Forest Service land. This house wasn't finished but we were renting with the option of buying and, oh, the plans! This was my favorite house of all those we lived in in Idaho. It was about my third second favorite house of all those I've ever lived in.

I didn't realize that this would be a short term proposition but it was. Next, and last to date, is Massachusetts.

No comments: