Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Dress Finished

Yesterday, January 26, marked a great day in the history of mankind. The dress Joanna asked me to make a mere 12 days earlier was completed. In six short days of shopping, recreating patterns, and sewing madness, a masterpiece was created.

Winding the bobbin with red.

Jacket lining.

Putting it together.
Jacket all done.
Flowers like this?
Flowers all together like this.
Oh yeah.
Sewing flowers on.

Flowers on.

Tah dah.
Tah dah again.

The final pictures of the dress aren't really that terrific. It was night, it was dark, the lighting wasn't great. But you can at least get the idea. The making of this dress was definately fun for the most part and took a lot of thread. I emptied two 274 yard spools and used thread from three other spools. That was kind of cool. I'm glad it is done; now I can concentrate on getting my school work done. I'm also glad I got to make it. Hopefully soon I'll have a picture of Joanna wearing it to post.

No comments: