Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Dress, Days Three and Four

There are a lack of pictures for these days but here is what there is:


The jacket.

Jacket lining.
  

Isn't it interesting how similar the jacket and lining are? Mind boggling.







Flower beginnings.

Working on flowers.
















And that's all she wrote.

Picture wise.

Sunday was day three and all it saw accomplished was cutting out the jacket pieces and beginning work on the flowers.

Monday was day four and it saw a trip to JoAnn's. When I was there last week to buy materials, I was assured that there was organza in the back, it just wasn't out yet. So I went Monday and looked where it should be as well as every other shelf. I did not see what I wanted so I got nylon netting and went to the cutting tables where I asked about organza.

The woman said, "Oh, I know what you're talking about." She asked someone and led me to the first place I'd looked. Sure enough, there is organza, but the thin, soft stuff one might use for bridal projects, not the stiff stuff I wanted for poofing out a skirt. So I got nylon netting and spent the afternoon cutting it out. This is what I did not take pictures of because I was so not excited about it. There are plenty for Day Five though.

To be continued.....

No comments: